5/19/2013

Croton lechleri Regulation :: Are We Losing Our Plants and Our Common Sense?

Dragon's Blood (Croton lechleri), or, Sangre de Graho is the red sap of a tree that grows in the Amazonian Rainforest. 

This sensational article in Green Med got me worried about the availability of the stuff because a compound has been synthesized as CROFELEMER and is now marketed under the name FULYZAC through no less than 3 pharmaceutical companies...

Well, Maybe I Overreacted

So, I went to the health food store to get some dragon's blood tincture. I thought maybe I couldn't get anymore. By coincidence or necessity, they were out of out of stock. As I was checking out I might have (in my stress-induced anti-Coco diarrhea of the mouth) said that the FDA regulated that shit by declaring it a drug...and now we can't have it anymore.

So I NEED TO KNOW just how limited our access to botanicals could be with their status by the FDA so I can plan how much advocacy I need to include in my vision of educational, affordable and accessible healthcare.

Oh, and P.S. NO WONDER OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS SO EXPENSIVE

Rather than being 2-degrees removed from the medicine in nature, the patient is 7 degrees removed.

Croton lechleri > Community Herbalist > Dragon's Blood/Sangre de Graho > Community Herbalist > Patient

Croton lehleri > Shaman Pharmaceuticals > CROFELEMER > Salix Pharmaceuticals > FULYZAC > Napo Pharmaceuticals > Doctor rX > Pharmacist  > Patient

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's talk